With winter comes the cold, nights of frost and various hydraulic problems in the home that affect the water system. If you have not thought about the maintenance of the hydraulic system, our team of professionals has compiled a list of 5 useful tips to protect your home before unpleasant incidents can occur.
- Repair leaks as soon as possible : It is important to repair any water leaks immediately , especially when temperatures are falling. If the water freezes, the greater the damage that can occur to the hydraulic system.
- Make sure the water heater works properly : During the winter, you will find it particularly pleasant to have hot water at all times. For this reason, it is important to worry about the maintenance of the water heater and the heating system .
- Check the irrigation system : Irrigation system pipes are perfect places for stagnant water. Empty them before the water can freeze.
- Intercepts the main water closure valve : In the event that a water leak or hydraulic emergency should occur, it is important to know where the main water shut-off valve is at home. Only this way you can brake the flow of water by reducing any damage. If you can find it useful, read also the in-depth study on: how to manage hydraulic emergencies .
- Call a trusted plumber : One of the best ways to keep your home plumbing efficient in the winter is to call a trusted and experienced plumber to detect any potential problems in the bud. Our eco-plumbers understand that water problems often arise in less opportune moments, and that is why they are always ready, for every intervention, from 07:00 to 19:00, 7 days a week.